[Gloucs] no response from keyboard

Dan Hanman gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 15 21:47:01 2003

Hello,

Im new to the list so hello everyone.

I have been trying to install redhat 7.3 and 8.0 on my pc, which is:

Athlon 700,
256 133mhz RAM,
via nmc-7va motherboard,
16MB TNT2 Graphics card,
standard PS2 Keyboard and mouse.

The installs of redhat goes fine (both versions), I install via text mode
and the keyboard works fine. The box then reboots after finishing the
install. When Linux gets to the shell prompt for me to login I get no
response at all from the keyboard. Nothing. so I put on a serial adapter on
the ps2 keyboard and put that on the box, but still nothing. I can ping the
box, but cannot ssh/telnet to it. I have also tried changing to the default
bios settings and optimised setting but made no difference.

Has anyone had this problem before or know what it could be? I need to get
this sorted as I am doing my LPI 101 at the beginning of march and time is
running out fast.

Thanks in advance

Dan