[Gloucs] February's Presentation

Mark gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 15 23:05:01 2003

Ok the current agenda is (probably) going to look like this:

What is security?
Personal Security
Operating System Security, (including buffer over/underruns)
Common Services and their vulnerabilities (obviously not all of them)
Common Attacks
Viruses (maybe at the end depending on time and peoples boredom tolerance=
=2E)
Tools.
websites

Post Talk:
Well, I'll make sure to have a getaway car ready..

I Intend to bring current (as well as yet to be released) code to the
 evening, there wont be copies handed out (have to wait a while), but
 snippets will be browseable. I will also endeavour to remember to bring =
 copy/copies of last years Defcon presentations for anyone who is
 interrested.

Ofcourse this is ALL limited to time so I will make sure I have my floppy
drive with me for anyone who wants a copy of the presentation to take hom=
and browse at leisure just for the eventuality that my attention span wan=
ders
and we skip the less interresting parts.

People with thoughts (preferably on-topic ones, but i dont mind irrelevan=
ones) please reply or drop me a mail. If there is anything that anyone el=
se
would want covered do not hesitate to let me know.

Have a good weekend folks,

Mark