[Gloucs] February's Presentation - this Tuesday

William Roe gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 24 18:44:01 2003

On Monday, Feb 24, 2003, at 18:32 Europe/London, Mark wrote:

>>> Signs of life are apparent in the Tovey household today,
>>> however faint..
>>
>> While we're talking about tomorrow......
>>
>> Mark do you need any kit (projector etc) it's half term so borrowing
>> the
>> kit's no problem? Also does anyone want the Zaurus to play with (for
>> the
>
> projector please if possible!
>

>> meeting only)?
>>
>> As a footnote I'll be wanting to ask some BSD related questions if
>> there's going to be any BSD knowledgable people at the meeting.... I
>> tried installing it today... makes the Debian installer look good in
>
> Oh cripes stay away from BSD (if you thought Linux has security
> Issues..!) forget the hype over BSD being more secure.. MAJOR holes
> within the kernel that STILL havent been patched, and at last check
> werent all that possible to keep it like BSD an patch.

That last bit lost me a bit - not sure if those words are in the right
order ;)

What about OpenBSD, they audit their code for security bugs regularly,
so they fix them before they become a problem. They call this
'proactive'
security which makes them sound like clueless marketing morons
though ;)

Will