[Gloucs] I-WORM/Opas.A - FIREWALLS

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 1 21:13:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 20:12, Mark wrote:
> *ahem* *cough* Network Associates->McAfee do a top notch virus scanner
> for windows (enquire within).
>
> right now i've said that, there are plenty of free ones out there (suggest
> look @ Guys links)

Go on, tell. How does the McAfee one work in practice? I heard it
mentioned before elsewhere but I thought I'd wait to see if anyone on
the list was using it and was going to come forward. It's a cron timed
scanner isn't it rather than an on-demand? I've not heard very much.

> Ok, sorry Guy i wont turn into an advertisement.

Nah plug it :-) Might as well tell what your company does. Is your
website down by the way? Trying security-foundation.net (or www.) I get
redirected to http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/

Guy