[Gloucs] OpenOffice.org bug

Mark gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 5 14:51:00 2003

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Brian Wilkinson wrote:

> If anyone could guide me to a fix on this it would save whats left of my hair.
>
> I tried running oowriter (from the taskbar and command line) on my redhat 8
> installation yesterday - nothing. None of the OOo clients run in fact. I
> uninstalled and re-installed it from the distro but to no effect. I
> uninstalled and re-installed the latest OOo from the website but to no great
> effect. I tried uninstalling everything I could think of that I may have
> installed since the last time I used it - which was a while ago so I may have
> missed something - and still nothing useful. The seagulls emblem comes up
> with the new install, followed by a combo box saying 'An unrecoverable error
> has occured'. Nothing changes in /var/logs and no other error message is
> available.
>
> Finally I tried 'gdb soffice.bin', ran it and when it crashed did a 'where'.

How are you running the app ? with the /path/to/soffice or with a
shortcut?

> The output is ...
>
> #0  0x45586834 in ?? ()
> #1  0x45586205 in ?? ()
> #2  0x455a0fe9 in ?? ()
> #3  0x455a0d54 in ?? ()
> #4  0x45624d80 in ?? ()
> #5  0x455173ae in ?? ()
> #6  0x4550d468 in ?? ()
> #7  0x4550d2ea in ?? ()
> #8  0x4550cf95 in ?? ()
> #9  0x454fd2d9 in ?? ()
> #10 0x454fc331 in ?? ()
> #11 0x407b9b03 in ?? ()
> #12 0x407b428a in ?? ()
> #13 0x407b3c65 in ?? ()
> #14 0x407b342a in ?? ()
> #15 0x43a1e0cc in ?? ()
> #16 0x43a20a03 in ?? ()
> #17 0x43a226bb in ?? ()
> #18 0x43a1f605 in ?? ()
> #19 0x43a22430 in ?? ()
> #20 0x402b3b22 in ?? ()
> #21 0x43b6063d in ?? ()
> #22 0x43b5f893 in ?? ()
> #23 0x43b5ba37 in ?? ()
> #24 0x43c07601 in ?? ()
> #25 0x43c0a51e in ?? ()
> #26 0x43b5d49e in ?? ()
> #27 0x43ab3bec in ?? ()
> #28 0x43b1136a in ?? ()
> #29 0x43b3d74d in ?? ()
> #30 0x43b3dcac in ?? ()
> #31 0x43a0ed08 in ?? ()
> #32 0x43b21f22 in ?? ()
> #33 0x43b2b7ac in ?? ()
> #34 0x439f6abe in ?? ()
> #35 0x439fe31f in ?? ()
> #36 0x43b48bb3 in ?? ()
> #37 0x43af29b8 in ?? ()
> #38 0x44a1d839 in ?? ()
> #39 0x44a24092 in ?? ()
> #40 0x44a1ac2f in ?? ()
> #41 0x44a2d555 in ?? ()
> #42 0x080605d5 in Desktop::OpenDefault() ()
> #43 0x0805f0fd in Desktop::OpenClients() ()
> #44 0x0805efff in Desktop::OpenClients_Impl(void*) ()
> #45 0x0805efe3 in Desktop::LinkStubOpenClients_Impl(void*, void*) ()
> #46 0x402ecc21 in ?? ()
> #47 0x402ed339 in ?? ()
> #48 0x40344f89 in ?? ()
> #49 0x4034560a in ?? ()
> #50 0x4036b075 in ?? ()
> #51 0x4036ada8 in ?? ()
> #52 0x40366675 in ?? ()
> #53 0x40365204 in ?? ()
> #54 0x4036e40d in ?? ()
> #55 0x401f08ae in ?? ()
> #56 0x401f07e8 in ?? ()
> #57 0x0805e23d in Desktop::Main() ()
> #58 0x401f2f97 in ?? ()
> #59 0x4036408a in ?? ()
> #60 0x420158d4 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
> (gdb)

is this the step it fails at? If so, try installing openoffice, from the
sources to a local , user owned directory... I havent installed it as a
system wide option before (mainly because no other users on my systems
need it)

if the call is failing at the libc you could try updating your glib and
glibc ... but as i say, you shouldnt need to.

what window manager are you using (not that really it should matter)

what have you changed in redhat since, and have you checked for any
updates lately?

happy sunday!

Mark