[Gloucs] [ot] sourceforge website

bjh gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 11:29:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Edwards" <guy_j_edwards@hotpop.com>
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 2:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Gloucs] [ot] sourceforge website

> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 00:16, bjh wrote:
> > ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
>
> I understand that bit, I'm sure it works fine.
***** You have to be careful using Java code if you are looking to attract
the blind user - but I think Sun Systems started to market a Plug In for the
blind user - could be wrong on this - Java code can be so useful to stop
aspects of site theft of graphics etc...

> > *** Have used Terrapin for years and always had total stability - also
has
> > the advantage of the inbuilt Link Checker which saves time switching to
> > separate link checking programme
>
> That's a new one on me. Gftp doesn't do html link checking that's for
> sure.
***** Terrapin does an automatic link check each time you Publish a site to
the site host - there is a timer on the checker, so slow loading sites
(normally the ones built with a "flash" entry page) need to be manually
checked, but the base facility quickly checks even the most complicated
sites with masses of links built in to the pages.