[Gloucs] [ot] sourceforge website

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 02:52:00 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 00:16, bjh wrote:
> ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {

I understand that bit, I'm sure it works fine.

> *** Have used Terrapin for years and always had total stability - also has
> the advantage of the inbuilt Link Checker which saves time switching to a
> separate link checking programme

That's a new one on me. Gftp doesn't do html link checking that's for
sure.

> - it really depends on how many sites you
> need to build, and with the number I build I need stable speedy programmes
> so I can concentrate my efforts on the crucial text planning and execution.

Ignoring the obvious that Gftp is speedy and stable...

I think we have different ways of doing things. In a commercial
environment your priorities I'm guessing are more related to search
engine ratings, professional presentation and getting the job done.

With the SF sites I've found it's more to do with giving information for
the public, marking it look respectable, and then evolving it slowly.
There's no deadline so I can concentrate on getting the html smaller and
smaller and trying new things with the site. I can also play around.

Guy