[Gloucs] html2ps

Paul Robertson gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 17 16:09:01 2003

> > Erm, not really sure of anything. My Linux system doesn't have a GUI.
> > I can run html2ps on its own, but I can't view the result.
> > Without knowing anything about postscript, I wonder if the result of
> > html2ps is a multipage doc. I say that because after conversion to a BMP
> > the image looks like the contents of <TITLE>...</TITLE>  neatly rendered on
> > a white background.
>
> Sounds odd.
> I assume the html code is _html_, not xhtml, xml, or some script, which
> html2ps may not recognise?

Had another go today.
I can't get it to not produce title and toc pages, though ImageMagick copes,
and produces a multi-page windows bitmap. I can view the bitmap with "display",
and see all the pages, but on Windows, I only see the first.

CSS don't seem to work at all which is a major bummer.

Here is a sample if you're interested.
http://www.soft-machine.co.uk/wh/champ_lg.htm

--
Paul