[Gloucs] ot gpl'd windows

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 31 21:43:02 2003

Hi all,

Not really a Linux question..... I've been busy GPL'ing Windows 2000
clients as much as possible and I've got the predictable question of -
what GPL/or free software can I use on it?

I've currently got: (Open Source unless marked)

OpenOffice.org		-	Office suite
Mozilla			-	Browser
Opera (free)		-	Browser
Netscape		-	Browser
Lynxs			-	Text based browser
Apache			-	Webserver
PHP			-	Scripting
MySQL			-	Database
GIMP			-	Art
GTKlibs			-	For gimp
Putty 			-	SSH/Telnet client
winipcap		-	lib for the network tools
nmap			-	Port scanner
Nessus client		-	Network investigation tool
Ethereal		-	Packet Sniffer
(cant remember the name)-	GPL Winzip replacement
Java SDK + RE		-	Java environment
vim			-	gui/command line text editor

cygwin	-	wont install :-( weird crashes in install

Any more ideas? The servers Linux (Mandrake 9.0) as is the Firewall but
the clients have to stay Windows 2000. Also shareware won't do I'm
afraid.

Sambas smb.conf file has an example for using a directory to make PDF's
for users when they add files to it. I was going to try to make another
one that did zip -9 's too.

Guy