[Gloucs] RedHat 8 won't boot!

Tim Ballam gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 2 08:31:00 2003

Joe

Looks like by uninstalling Gnome you have either inadvertently removed part
of X or as you appear to be using a graphical login you may have upset that
process.  The respawn is the system trying to restart the failed X server.
Can you still login using a shell? If you can you should be able to replace
Gnome from there using the rmps from the installation disks.

Tim Ballam

Senior Technical Consultant

CPC Computers

Tel +44 (0)1452 553344