[Gloucs] Help needed...!

Bill Goldie gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 2 09:50:00 2003

Folks, do you have any members living near me (Moreton-in-Marsh)? I have
a peculiar networking problem (SuSE 7.2) and need a new brain. I suspect
it's so simple that none of the documentation bothers to mention it. I
have a home network with a PC running Smoothwall acting as modem gateway
and firewall and also hosting DHCP; two or three Win98SE machines and a
Linux box. The Windows stuff works fine and the SuSE runs OK as far as
the outside world is concerned, but despite setting up Samba as directed
I still get "Error: Cannot access host 'Localhost'" when trying to
browse the local network shares from Konqueror. If anyone has ideas I'd
be grateful; I can provide config files if I know what people want to
see. I'm going to move on to Mandrake 9.1 soon but I would like to know
why this one doesn't work.

Best wishes

Bill Goldie
43 Redesdale Place