[Gloucs] Help needed...!

David Elliott gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 2 10:44:00 2003

Bill,

  If you still having problems, it might be helpful to give a little more
description as to what you are trying to achieve.

In particular the  "Error: Cannot access host 'Localhost'" suggests you are
trying to look at the shares hosted on the Linux box - which I presume to be
possible - but obviously you do not need Samba to achieve that.
Alternately you are trying to look at shares hosted on the Win98 boxes - in
which case the address would not be localhost.

Also have you tried using smbclient?

Regards
Dave