[Gloucs] Help needed...!

Mark gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 2 10:12:02 2003

--=-Ofa1b/j2lyZZbHd+C0/A

Bill,=20

You very nearly had me being able to say I'd be there, I was meant to be
in Moreton today, however situation changed.

so heres what I suggest:

cat /etc/hosts

make sure that you have an entry for localhost, depending on the setup
or not you may want to add one.

failing that, are you able to access the samba shares from other systems
like the *shudder* win98 boxes?

I assume so as you didnt say otherwise.

just my immediate thoughts,

Mark

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 10:45, Bill Goldie wrote:
> Folks, do you have any members living near me (Moreton-in-Marsh)? I have=20
> a peculiar networking problem (SuSE 7.2) and need a new brain. I suspect=20
> it's so simple that none of the documentation bothers to mention it. I=20
> have a home network with a PC running Smoothwall acting as modem gateway=20
> and firewall and also hosting DHCP; two or three Win98SE machines and a=20
> Linux box. The Windows stuff works fine and the SuSE runs OK as far as=20
> the outside world is concerned, but despite setting up Samba as directed=20
> I still get "Error: Cannot access host 'Localhost'" when trying to=20
> browse the local network shares from Konqueror. If anyone has ideas I'd=20
> be grateful; I can provide config files if I know what people want to=20
> see. I'm going to move on to Mandrake 9.1 soon but I would like to know=20
> why this one doesn't work.
>=20
> Best wishes
>=20
> Bill Goldie
> 43 Redesdale Place
> Moreton-in-Marsh
> Gloucestershire  GL56 0EF
> (01608) 651660
> bill@goldie.uklinux.net
>=20
>=20
--=20
		         Mark
		     www.wwjh.net
		www.vulndev.org/~mark
   If you know yourself, knowing the enemy does not matter.
		-- Sun Tzu - The Art of War
			(Adapted)

--=-Ofa1b/j2lyZZbHd+C0/A

--=-Ofa1b/j2lyZZbHd+C0/A--