[Gloucs] GLUG venue

Glyn Davies gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 11 23:38:01 2003

Paul Broadhead wrote:
> Glyn Davies <glynd@walmore.com> wrote:
>

>>IRC is one those things I've never managed to get working/understand.
>>I did try #GLUG but IIRC it couldn't connect or connected and then
>>nothing happened.
>>A talk on IRC from a RH 7.3 client behind a smoothwall firewall would
>>be appreciated by me :)
>

> I just connected to #GLUG using X-Chat running on RH 9 and behind a
> smoothwall firewall.  There is no one there currently but it looks to be
> working.  I've never use IRC for more than a fleeting look so I'm no
> expert...
>
> Paul

Thank you Paul. Encouraged by your success I just gave it a go and
managed to get it to work. Just needed to add a real name and user name.
If only the server had said so instead of saying I had insufficient user
parameters. Anyhoo, connected, said "Hello" to myself and disconnected.

IRC doesn't seem to be all its cracked up to be.

Cancel the talk :)

So, echoing Guy's Q, does anyone use it?

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies