[Gloucs] Problem while installing Slackware 8.1

Mark gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jun 13 13:57:00 2003

--=-H+GXDO33St1tm6zJEEbn

Interesting that,

ok

well dont bother with the chroot part.

instead, cd to /mnt

do an `ls` and make sure that there are sub folders (this should be your
root directory)

cd into the etc.. so we should now be in /mnt/etc

`ls -l lilo.conf`

if its not there.. definatly some odd issue with installation of the
bootloader. if it exists, type lilo and see what happens

if it says file not found then going to need to read the installation
docs carefully to see what went wrong on the original install.

if lilo works (or says "cant find /etc/lilo.conf")=20

go for:

lilo -C /mnt/etc/lilo.conf

that should work.. (check the lines from the previous email for the
lilo.conf)=20

reboot and see what happens

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 13:48, Alex Craddock wrote:
> The following problems occured when I was trying to follow your=20
> instructions:
> me: mount -t ext2 /dev/hda2 /mnt
> me: chroot /mnt
> comp: chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: No such file or directory
> me: /etc/lilo.conf
> comp: No such file or directory.
>=20

--=20
		         Mark
		www.vulndev.org/~mark
   If you know yourself, knowing the enemy does not matter.
		-- Sun Tzu - The Art of War
			(Adapted)

--=-H+GXDO33St1tm6zJEEbn

--=-H+GXDO33St1tm6zJEEbn--