[Gloucs] isdn under Mandrake and ooo

Richard Mellersh gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 20 19:27:00 2003

In addition to my post on speed (or lack of) I have questions about
using
isdn on Mandrake 9.1

1. I would like to have an isdn connection as reliable as the one on
this
system - RH7.1 using "internet-config 0.40" which gives me a Standard
dial-up for day-time use and a Suftime dial-up for ev. &we.
Is there any way to get Mandrake to give me a similar 2 options for
dial-up?
I'm getting tired of running "Drakconnect" and rebuilding the interface
config
each time I need to make a connection.  Usually "Drakconnect" fails
several times
before I can get connected and by thie time it does it's late and I need
to sleep!!!

Anyone got any ideas on how to make a reliable connection?  Or an
alternative to
the Mandrake way of doing it?
I've been trying to  get my head around "isdnctrl" but it's not easy???

cheers
Richard Mellersh