[Gloucs] mount

Richard Mellersh gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri May 23 22:21:01 2003

Can anyone help with a new problem?

I'm trying to move all the functionality from a old P1-200 running
RH7.1 to this box- a twin P3-450 running MDK9.1.

On the RH box I have /etc/exports as follows:

/usr				*.mydomain(rw)
/tmp				*.mydomain(rw)
/usr/myname		*.mydomain(rw)
/www				*.mydomain(rw)

I can mount any of the first 3 with
"mount -t nfs RHboxname:sharename /mnt/temp"
but the last one simply refuses to mount giving a
permission denied
message

I'm mounting as root - of course - and the directory permissions are
the same.

Admittedly I only just added www to /etc/exports - is there something
I should do to perhaps "enable" the share?

Also is there a simple way to prevent httpd getting in the way of
"NAT"ing from other boxes - no matter what url I use on other boxes
all I get dished up is the pages that Apache serves.

I first had this problem on the RH box and now it's just the same on
the MDK box.

Any ideas?

RM