[Gloucs] Asrock mainboard?

Mark Trotman mark at armscroft.com
Mon Nov 10 17:37:39 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

Has anyone here had the opportunity to use the Asrock(1) K7S8XE
mainboard with Linux? I've searched all the usual places and have come
up with zilch in terms of reviews or compatibility listings (2).

The reason for asking is that there is, on the face of it, a good deal
on eBay at the moment - an AMD XP2600+ proc. & mainboard for less that
113 quid! The board utilizes the SIS 748 chipset which consists of the
SIS 748 Northbridge and the SIS 963L Southbridge so I'm wondering if
Linux will be happy with it (or not). I haven't been able to find out
whether Linux is SIS 748 compatible either.

Any thoughts/info/suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

(1)ASUS subsidiary.
(2)Micro$haft Mainboard review here (for anyone vaguely interested) -
http://makeashorterlink.com/?R2C241F76

--

Mark