[Gloucs] Asrock mainboard?

Mark Trotman mark at armscroft.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 06:32:42 GMT 2003

Guy Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 17:38, Mark Trotman wrote:
>
>>I haven't been able to find out
>>whether Linux is SIS 748 compatible either.
>

> I just did a quick google (SIS 748 linux) and there seems to be a fair
> number of hits.
>
> e.g. some linux software tested on the chipset.
> http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/jacobi/linux/softwares.html
> seems to be working for them to have tested it....
>
> I've only just started getting into ebay but I've been picking up some
> interesting stuff, things like 64 bit nics with dual ports or gigabit
> ethernet cards, scsi 64bit raid controllers, dat dds3 backup drives for
> £45 instead of £450 in the shops... all the old Compaq Proliants seem to
> go quite cheap too.

Thanks for the pointer Guy (although I have no idea why I didn't pick up
on it yesterday. Weird!)

On the subject of your recent purchases, there's always bargains to be
had, providing you don't get carried away in a bidding war. It always
pays to check out prices too. Some items can be bought cheaper from a
mainstream supplier, e.g. whilst checking out mainboards yesterday, I
found an auction item which was listed with a "Buy It Now" price of 69
quid. A quick Google showed that it was available elsewhere for 29!
Caveat Emptor!!

Regards

--

Mark