[Gloucs] books

Iain Calder iain.calder at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 20:15:20 GMT 2003

Guy Edwards wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 23:28, Glyn Davies wrote:
>[snip]
>

>>Seriously, is there a meeting this month. Nothing on the website. I've
>>missed the last two so I need a fix. I guess we have enough time to
>>arrange some talks.
>>

>I've changed the site so it says Equals 18th November?
>
>Anyone want to give a talk? If not, now's a good time to put unfair
>amounts of peer group pressure on those you want to give a talk. I think
>a talk about LDAP would be great :-)

I would be happy to do a LDAP talk *but* will not be able to do it this
month since I have a big project to finish.  Maybe next month (if there
is a December meeting?) or January?  It would not be very suitable as a
beginners talk.

Today I got Samba 3 running as an Active Directory member server, with
connecting Windows users authenticated through AD/Kerberos.  Luckily for
me the Kerberos just stuff just worked when I pasted the magic
incantations into krb5.conf, since I know nothing about it!  Samba 3
seems to be very well designed and is quite an amazing achievement.

Iain