[Gloucs] Mandrake and Samsung ML6060N printer

Richard Mellersh richard at the-sett.nildram.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 16:08:23 BST 2003

Hi,
Can anyone out there help with this problem?

I have all linux boxes (2-RH 7.1, 1-SuSE 7.3 and 1-Mandrake 9.1)
on the RH & SuSE boxes I have installed the binary downloaded from
Samsung for this printer "Digitall" and it works fine from all apps. - it's a
bit tedious having an intermediate window popping up with options like are
you sure? but.... it's ok. -

On the Mandrake box the best I've been able to get is one page with the top
line of garbage (actually messages about the formatting that mean nothing to
me) and about 50 BLANK pages.

The printer is connected via its internal 10/100 network adapter to my
"D-Link" DFE-916Dx 10/100 switching hub - to which all else is connected.

Don't forget that the other boxes print fine via "Digitall"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
RAM