[Gloucs] Help wanted please

Barrie Haycock bjh at good-news.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 18:35:13 BST 2003

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help Thomas with his webcam problem please??
Barrie Haycock
*******************
Oh well!
Suppose I should get up off my arse & say something ;^)
I've been involved with computers since 1967 (punched cards!!) Linux since
1994-ish when I was living in West Africa. Currently on RH9 but I much
prefer
SuSE. Unfortunately, when I decided to update my system I was in China & it
was RedHat or nothing. (A real bitch changing from SuSE 7.3 to RH - all
those
configuration files in different places.)

BTW I just picked up a webcam for 9.99 (Chinese kbd - no pound sign) at
Dixons. It's a PCLine X300. (DivIO NW8xx chip). I found a driver of
sorts on
SourceForge & several different programs detect it but no image so far. It
may be because my video card doesn't seem to support overlays (NVIDIA
TNT2).
Anybody else tried one of these cameras?

Thomas A Johnson