[Gloucs] Help wanted please

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 20:46:30 BST 2003

Barrie Haycock <bjh at good-news.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> BTW I just picked up a webcam for 9.99 (Chinese kbd - no pound sign)
> at Dixons. It's a PCLine X300. (DivIO NW8xx chip). I found a driver of
> sorts on SourceForge & several different programs detect it but no
> image so far. It may be because my video card doesn't seem to support
> overlays(NVIDIA TNT2).  Anybody else tried one of these cameras?

I presume you've checked in the kernel logs that the camera has been
recognised OK?

Never tried that particular camera but I have a USB Philips 740 webcam
connect to Redhat 9.  I've had a couple of problems since upgrading to
Redhat 9.  First, after a reboot, I have to unplug the camera and plug
it back in a couple of time before its recognised (not really a problem
as I hardly ever reboot).  Second, it sometimes has all its setting
reset (AGC, shutter, contour) so that all I get is a black image.

Hope someone else can offer more specific help.

Regards,
Paul