[Gloucs] local linux evening courses [gloscat spam]

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 19 00:09:01 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 23:53, paul cooke wrote:
[snip]
> > If you can get to the college then I'd recommend the instructor led Linux
> > courses over the distance one as it's not going to be much more price wise
> > and I suspect you'll get much more from it by being able to ask questions
> > etc. You also get to break someone else's pc other than your own ;-)
> >

> the distance learning one was a sign up to a program where you could take any
> of the other distance courses on that particular list free provided you did
> them within 12 months of the original sign-up... this was because your
> sign-up fee bought an access license for those 12 months.
>
> So if there were other courses on the list you fancied it works out very
> cheap.

Yes.

Hint: The distance learning courses are different prices. If you sign up for
a £40 course, you can then get a £80 course in the same category free. Makes
more sense than signing up for a £80 course and getting the £40 one free.
Have a look at the price list and work your strategy out.

Guy