[Gloucs] september meeting

Francis Barton gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 19 02:19:01 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 23:32, Guy Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 22:43, paul cooke wrote:
> [snip]
> > if you lot keep holding the damn meetings outside Gloucester, I'll never turn
> > up.
>
> We moved to Cheltenham because we had too many people for the Gloucester venue
> but the past couple of meetings have been quite quiet. We could do the next one
> in Gloucester? Probably best to decide pretty soon if it's to be changed.
>
> Best way is if people speak up. Either Gloucester or Cheltenham, any preferences?
>
> Guy

I phoned Equals Community Centre in Cheltenham today and they have no
booking for us next Tuesday, but the venue is still available if we want
it.

I know we were going to alternate between Gloucester and Cheltenham but
if we're too big for the Cross Keys then where else in Gloucester can we
meet?

I prefer Cheltenham but if Paul and others will struggle to get there
then maybe Gloucester will have to do - at least we can get a beer in
the Cross Keys...

Possible topic for discussion - "Linux/Free Software and Charities" -
practical ideas and strategies for how we as a LUG could coordinate a
promotion of free software to local charities/volunteer organisations
and even businesses.

I would be willing to chair the discussion (assuming I can make the
meeting).

Can someone phone the Cross Keys then to keep Paul happy??? Or else we
could meet in a backwater of the county like Lydney or Dursley or even
Quedgeley :-) (eh Guy?)

Francis.