[Gloucs] september meeting ****note****

Glyn Davies gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 23 23:41:02 2003

Guy Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 20:42, jim_ashford@lineone.net wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>As I only managed to check my e-mails yesterday I spent today looking at
>>street maps of Gloucester trying to find the Cross Keys, once I had found
>>what I thougt was the correct one, everthing else fell apart. This is a
>>very long aplogie for my appsens, I hope to make the Cheltenham meeting.
>

> sorry, I didn't have time to put a multimap link on like normal.
>
> there was only 4 of us in the end which was just about
> the right size for a pub conversation involving everyone.
>
> can we think about a different Gloucester venue? all suggestions welcome.
>
> Next month is at Cheltenham as normal.

Sorry I didn't make it Guy(s). My next one for me will be November. I
can have a think about something to talk about if you like.

As regards venue, we were lucky with the Cross Keys in that you had a
pub room not used for getting rat arsed in. That room used to be the
back bar so maybe its reverting. A typical Glos pub will have a skittle
alley which would be kinda ok, but we could clash with skittle matches.
Often when skittles isn't being played its where the big screen is for
the footy.

Anyhoo, in the 5 minutes I've thought about this this evening I've only
come up with the clubhouse at Gloucester RFC. However, they may want
money in return for the venue when really our trade at the bar is all we
want to pay with. I doubt our drinking abilities cut it in rugby circles.

Will think some more.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies