[Gloucs] Don't buy Linux User magazine! (+linux expo)

Guy Edwards guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com
Tue Sep 30 22:49:02 BST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 18:35, Francis Barton wrote:
[snip]
> The issue features articles on the use of Linux in films (Shrek,
> Jurassic Park etc.), the new 64-bit Opteron processor from AMD,
> lots of small business case studies and tutorials on Database
> recovery, IPv6, LaTeX as well as a spanking new and gorgeous
> 3-CD RedHat 9 which would be a great way for any Linux newbie
> to start with Linux.

I'm on the new Mandrake 9.2 by the way (release candidate 2 so it's not
quite ready) seems quite polished though.

[snip]
> Is there a case for a number of members of the LUG committing to
> club together to fund a group subscription to Linux User or Linux Format,
> for the CDs as much as anything else???

yeah ok.

> PS It's actually called GNU/Linux User & Developer, for the pedants out there.

Linux Expo - anyone going? Free registration online. Last year was fun
and there was a pub + train station nearby. Full details at the website
http://www.linuxexpouk.co.uk/

I was going to go on the Thursday,various non lug people I know are
going too. It says they can't accommodate students, but I would just be
creative with your job description on the registration form to get round
that. ("web developer" or "technician" spring to mind)

for full details from last year search the archive for "expo"
http://glos.77.org.uk/cgi-bin/glos/search.cgi