[Gloucs] Jobs at MessageLabs

David Hart lug at klutz.org.uk
Sun Apr 25 12:18:56 BST 2004

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 04:56:31AM +0100, Jill Tovey wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> MessageLabs in Gloucester is currently recruiting Infrastructure Support Analysts.
>
> As a very basic overview the work involves monitoring and resolving issues with the infrastructure and third level technical support on a 24/7 shift basis.
>
> (And it involves linux ;-))

Really!?  Where do you manage to fit it in amongst your MS stuff?

Taken from your mail headers:

Telneting to www.messagelabs.com gives:
    david at box david $ telnet www.messagelabs.com 80
    Trying 62.231.131.90...
    Connected to www.messagelabs.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    GET /
    HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> If anyone is interested and wants more info, send me a mail!

If anyone who was using Free/OpenSource Software (and I think that
would apply to many, if not most, reading this list) was interested in
your job they'd _have_ to email you for more info as your web site is
unusable in both Mozilla and Konqueror.  Lynx simply gets this:

    Welcome to MessageLabs - Global pioneers in Email security.

    Thank you for visiting MessageLabs. Our site does not currently
	support text-only browsers.

One can only hope that the "does not currently support" implies that
there are plans to support it in future?

Perhaps you should contact your "webmasters" and suggest they
checkout the 234 errors that your company's home page produces at
http://validator.w3.org/

--
David Hart
david at klutz.org.uk