[Gloucs] Talk on embedded systems

Francis Barton fbarton at fish.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 00:25:56 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 16:35, Paul Robertson wrote:
> I run a small software development company based in Stroud.
> We mostly write embedded and realtime software, and work quite a lot with Linux.
>
> I'm afraid I don't usually get to meetings, and I'm not sure where most peoples interests lie.
>
> Would people be interested in a Stroud-based talk on any of the following?
>
> A commercial CCTV system running on Linux.
> Cross-platform development with Qt.
> uCLinux running on Motorola ColdFire processor.
> How Linux helps us manage the development effort.

Paul, sorry you haven't had much response to this. We got a bit
sidetracked.

I think these would be a great basis for a talk or
mixed-presentation/discussion. I wonder if the internet cafe in Stroud
High St might be a decent place to meet - or at your company's place???

Personally I would be interested in no. 1 or 3; but I feel no. 2 might
be of most interest to others. Not sure.

Hope we can make this happen.
Francis