[Gloucs] Never ask me to admin your server!

Thomas Adam thomas_adam at bonbon.net
Tue Jul 6 19:37:27 BST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:23:02 +0100
Paul Broadhead <lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm planning to look into backup options, but for now, I'm just
> running a daily cron job.  All it does is copy any new or modified
> files to a safe place using cp -puvRf <source> <destination>.  There

While that is one way, there are others, a little less crude than that.
:) linux-backup.sf.net, as well as using the good old cpio cantations
are equally as good. As is rsync.

> are loads of simple things we can do.  In my case having someone take
> away the root password would be a good move!

:)

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Annie Hall leaves New York in the end. Press rewind, and Woody gets her
back again." -- "Look Inside America", Blur.