[Gloucs]SuSE and the Internet

jim_ashford at lineone.net jim_ashford at lineone.net
Mon Jul 19 11:41:48 BST 2004

Hi Guys
I have just installed SUSE 9.1on my new AJP laptop (made by Clevo in Taiwan),
and I am having trouble connecting to the Internet.
SUSE 9.1 recognized my modem(Clevo/Kapoc Smart Link 56K Modem) with no problem,
and installed the necessary software.
I then entered my ISP details, user name and password, but when I try to
connect to the Internet, I cannot make a connection.
My configuration log says I have a device at /dev/ttySLO, but my connection
log says the ppd[0] Failed to open /dev/ttySLO: No such device or address.
Now will I confess to being confused, surely I ether have a /dev/ttySLO
or I do not, I am hoping somebody out there will have some idea of what
is going on and how to fix it.

Regards Jim