[Gloucs] Hello

DOMINIC CLAY dominic.clay at btopenworld.com
Tue May 11 12:18:34 BST 2004

Hi,

I have just joined the list and so I thought I should make myself known.

I have been using Linux in a small way for a few years now.  My main experience has been with Gentoo although I have used Redhat and have currently got a Debian sarge install on my machine.

The main interest that brought me to Linux was java development and I have had a long love/hate relationship with using JBoss predominantly as a servlet container (tomcat essentially) however I am currently starting to use a shopping cart web application in php (Zen-cart) and have no real understanding of php yet.

I am interested in the idea of Linux on the desktop although I have to say that I have not yet seen/'managed to install'  a fully fledged desktop system without issues and having loose ends and unresolved issues so I don't quite believe its there yet (well for the newbie like me anyway :P ).

Hope to have many enlightening conversations to come.

Cheers,
Dominic