[Gloucs] Hello - Knoppix

David Greenaway david.greenaway at dsl.pipex.com
Sat May 15 20:44:42 BST 2004

> Hi David,
> I did try this but it I could not get it to actuall install. At this
> point a quick search found that other people who had managed it found
> that using the apt command of any sort 'broke' the installation. The
> suggestion was to use Mepis instead as some people on this list have
> managed. I would do this but Mepis will not boot for me on Three
> different machines.
> Did you have any luck with a hard disk install of knoppix? - If that is
> what you tried out.
>
> Tom

Hi Tom

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Yes I did the hard disk install of knoppix, but I've only done the most
limited testing of it, (logged on,  and checked that X and the network
worked). Given what you say, I'll do a more thorough test.

Can't think what to suggest for your mepis problems, I've had no difficultiees
with it the twice I've used it.

David