[Gloucs] Next meeting

Guy Edwards guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com
Mon May 17 20:32:14 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 12:31, Barbie wrote:
[snip]
> I have recently joined the list and was interested to discover when you hold meetings, whether they were just social or feature technical talks. As your website is a bit out of date (still advertising April meet) I wasn't sure whether you have anything regular.
> If the meeting is tonight then I will have to pass this time around, but I would be interested to know if you have a regular month meeting. I may be able to tempt a few friends and/or colleagues along too.
> I currently work for MessageLabs in Barnwood, although live on the Worcestershire edge of Birmingham. I've been programming on Unix for nearly 20 years, although only been using Linux for about 8.

Hello,
(look: more messagelabs people! :)

I've put forward 3 dates to the people who timetable the rooms which
hopefully will be ok'd tomorrow morning as I've seen the emails as it
goes though the system. 24th May was what I put forward for this month
as there wasn't going to be time to get tonight ok'd. I know we
discussed some dates but I hope nobodies turning up today as there's no
meeting tonight :-(. As soon as it's ok'd I'll stick it on the website.

so in short...
* yep we have regular meetings, about once a month, current venue is
Gloscat Cheltenham (full directions when a meeting is ready, or look at
previous meetings on the website). I've been a bit slack and
disorganised sorting out the meeting venue this month as there's an
inspection on and its very busy there.
* sometimes social, sometimes technical, last one was mainly social

website is a bit out of date. "About" page shows the previous meetings.

Hope it helps,

Guy Edwards <guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com>