[Gloucs] November meeting

Francis Barton fbarton at fish.co.uk
Sat Nov 6 20:17:52 GMT 2004

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 03:48:05PM +0000, Mick Brooks wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We haven't managed a meeting for some time now, mostly due to my
> inability to organise a venue. I suggest we meet sometime this month,
> and a pubmeet seems to be most appropriate.

Not your fault Mick. I have been obscure for the last month or so too,
most notably in my failure to do anything about getting anything
arranged for LinuxDay last month ;-(

If there's anybody out there who wants to be more involved and help get
meets together, please pipe up. It's not a closed club, we need new
people to take things on. I for one found it a good way to contribute
something to the group even though my tech knowledge was very thin.

> With impressive lack of originality, I offer up the following date:
>
> Tuesday 23rd of November
>
> and suggest we meet at 7-7:30pm in the pub where we met last time: 'the
> big pub on the A46 just off the Cross Hands rbt in Brockworth'. Map at:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?D1DA327B9
>
> Please let us know whether you'll be able to make it or not: if fewer
> can than can't we'll have to rethink.

Cheers for the kick up our collective backside Mick.
That date sounds good for me, although the pub wasn't the best. At least
it's accessible and there's cheapish beer and food.

Wolverhampton LUG have a regular meet in the back room of a curry house,
I wouldn't mind us moving in that direction!

Franco

--
I use Gentoo Linux atm http://www.gentoo.org/
Linux User #239479 at http://counter.li.org/
Use Jabber IM http://www.jabbercentral.com/ I'm francis at jabber.org.uk
http://www.msu.edu/user/corcora5/velo/urbanbicyclism.html
   _ _ __.. .__o    --- the original bicyclism manifesto