[Gloucs] Thank You

Francis Barton fbarton at pygoscelis.org.uk
Tue Nov 23 23:47:03 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 22:39, Ian Cunningham wrote:
> I just want to say a big thank you to everyone at the meeting for making
> a newbie feel welcome, it has confirmed my belief that Linux is the way
> forward and I'm looking forward to the next meeting and especially the
> install-day if there is one.
>
> Ian

Glad you felt welcome Ian.

Meetings like tonight always make me feel a bit uncomfortable because
there isn't really a central theme or presentation and I worry that some
people may not feel able to get help or talk about the issues they want
to.

In future we will hopefully find a venue which allows us to have a
proper talk, and a whiteboard or something where people can put up topic
ideas or questions, and of course we need access to decent beer as well.

The only good thing about Brewsters is the central location.

Actions for next meeting (presumably January?):
> better venue - anybody!
> topics for a talk - please suggest what you want to hear about
> if anyone needs a lift to wherever the next meeting is then just ask
on the list - someone will probably be able to help.
> me to bring Giuseppe the fluffy penguin to help identify who we are to
new members, if we are in a pub or similar public venue
> does anyone have an A2 or larger Linux-related poster they could bring
to be put on a door where we next meet?
> ideas for curry houses etc. for a social meet on alternate months - so
February then...?

Good turnout tonight fellas (+ Janet).
Please get involved as much as you are able, the group needs people to
step up and help move things on, especially extra things like install
days.

franco