[Gloucs] Thank You

Guy Edwards02 Guy.Edwards at gloscat.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 10:54:15 GMT 2004

Posters: I've got some IBM ones with big Tux Penguins on. IBM might even give the LUG some if we ask nicely.

Eating venues: really great place on the junction of the spa road that goes to Gloucester docks and Bristol road/Southgate street that looks pretty plain from outside but inside is just great food (and not too expensive). Might have to book in advance though as it's not too big. It's a start though, someone better it please :-)

Just a couple of things:

1) I'm always worn out by the time I get to these evening meetings, I know the Hampshire LUG used to have meetings on a Sunday afternoon, might we have a weekend daytime meeting sometime?

2) Can we make a habit of doing Alcoholics Anonymous style introductions at each meeting, even if there's only one new member? Reminds me of who people are that I recognise from old meetings and there were loads of new people last night, which was cool.

Lastly, sorry: blatant boasting, but I have to tell, look what I (at work) got (see link for a picture of one)! I got it from ebay for only £130 for 24Gb RAM and 12 processors. Took a forklift +3 people to load it in the van, I can just about see over it. http://www.xcc.com/detailsV2.lasso/7fde0f08659fd4b2/IBM%20RS/6000%207017-S70-S7A%20(Base)/ yes it will be running Linux, PowerPC distributions work apparently but I need to get the electrics for the room upgraded before I can plug it in.

Guy