[Gloucs] Seti@home tweaks??

Paul Cooke paul.cooke100 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 22:02:26 GMT 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 18:10, fbarton at pygoscelis.org.uk wrote:
> > Hello there.  I'm Luke Nichols, and I run the seti at home cmd line client.
> >  I was wondering if there is any tweaks I can do to my system to make it
> > run quicker.  I have already cleaned the registry of my windows me
> > system, turned my video colors down to 16bit, refresh rate to 56 instead
> > of default, turned of the auto insert notification on my cd rom,
>
> wtf?
> /me sobs gently

well he could always wipe those boxes and install a minimalist text mode only
Linux and still run seti at home... then he would get the absolute maximum
performance from it as there would be no GUI overhead stealing processor
cycles.

I've given up on seti at home myself... having the power supply fans running
constantly just got on my nerves...

I just wonder how many computers have been worn out before their time from
having seti run on them while "idle".