[Gloucs] Next meeting

Ian Cunningham case_uk at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 22:25:42 BST 2004

I hope you don't mind me writing a reply.  I have just joined the
mailing list as I am really wanting to learn linux so that i can create
a home network with a linux server running as my firewall / mailclient /
ftp.   I dont expect to learn all this overnight, i know it will take time.

what i was really wondering is when you will be holding your next
install day?, I have the hardware ready and i have just downloaded
slackware 10 which i think would be best suited to my needs (please tell
me if you think another distro would be better, eg. mandrake, debian,
suse, redhat).

i have a little experience in linux, i did install suse 6.3 onto a
windows machine (sorry for the language) and then managed to compile a
c64 emulator & get it working under the x system.

I would really like to meet people who use linux on a regular basis as i
think it a facinating idea, and after reading how microsoft have managed
to disrupte a plan to stop spamming emails, i think i need to get my
learning cap on.

I do hope you can/will help me in my quest.

Many thanks

Ian Cunningham