[Gloucs] Mandrake browser

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Tue Apr 19 01:46:53 BST 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 12:04:31AM +0100, Francis Barton wrote:
> Great responses to the problem guys (Keith, Thomas), really friendly
> and helpful.

Clearly $HUMOUR factored out of the equation somewhere along the line
for you, Francis.  ;)  I liked your helpful advice too.

What can the OP do?  If he's being redirected from a page to somewhere
else, that's a facet of the website and consequently out of his control.
I personally wouldn't register with Mandrake, as I cannot see how that
has any benefit than using other frely downloadable distros.  Sure, it
can be argued that one is contributing to open source by doing so, but
there are other means to do so without tieing oneself down to
registering in that way.

If you really want to stick with using Mandrake, it might pay to wait,
or send them an email telling them of the issue with the website.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"