[Gloucs] Mandrake browser

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 21:56:43 BST 2005

David <david.sharon-copsegreenfarm at farming.co.uk> wrote:

> Had a problem with my browser and Mandrake/Mandriva, in that it
> frequently diverts to the Mandrake user account registration page
> instead of the page that is meant to come up.  I use Mozilla, but it is
> a problem with Epiphany as well.  I keep telling myself that I ought to
> pay up and register.  Maybe it would cure the problem.
>
> Anyone any ideas?

If I understand the problem correctly, I can see two possible reasons.

1) Something the the domain lookup process is doing the redirect and I
have no idea how you can stop that.  If someone understands the domain
name lookup process then may be they can help.

2) It's built into the browsers somehow.  If they are included with the
disto then that's possible.  If this is the case then you could download
a browser binary directly from say mozilla and give that a try.

Hope that helps,
Paul

P.S. On a related but dumb note.  I had a weird browser issue a few
weeks back;I use Firefox.  I kept being redirected to various, seemly
random pages when clicking about. Turns out if you have text in your
cut/copy/paste buffer, clicking the middle mouse in the browser window
(not on a link obviously) automatically does a google search and takes
you to the first search hit.  It had me baffled for a while; its amazing
what you have in your past buffer sometimes!