[Gloucs] Problem with Ubuntu live

Francis Barton fbarton at pygoscelis.org.uk
Thu Aug 4 22:33:26 BST 2005

Pete Wright AIIE wrote:
> You should try to get hold of nero or alcohol or some sort of image
> burning tool. search google for them. What happens is the image contains
> all the files inside of it that has to go onto the cd. Basically the
> program doesnt put the .iso file onto the cd, but the contents of the
> file onto the CD.
> Hope thats helped,
> Peter Wright.

CD Burner XP worked well for me when I needed to burn a .iso to CD under
Win XP.

see: http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

It's freeware and easy to use, and makes _bootable CDs_, which some
other free burner programs for Windows do not.

Francis.
(Who has previously repeatedly gone through the grief of trying to get
iso images onto CD - survivors, stick together! When you get Ubuntu up
and running you will find CD burning so easy under GNOME/Nautilus!)