[Gloucs] Problem with Ubuntu live

Steve Greig steve at stevespages.org.uk
Sat Aug 6 00:12:57 BST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Cumming" <john at jsolutions.co.uk>
To: "Gloucestershire LUG" <gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Gloucs] Problem with Ubuntu live

> In CDBurnerXP Select the menu Item File->Write Disc From Iso file
>
> Pete Wright AIIE wrote:
>
>> what you need to look for in the menu's is a burn image option which then
>> asks for a file, this you then point to the ubuntu .iso file. it seems
>> you are just telling it to burn this file to the cd.
>>
>> Pete
>>

>>> From: "Steve Greig" <steve at stevespages.org.uk>
>>> To: "Gloucestershire LUG" <gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk>
>>> Subject: Re: [Gloucs] Problem with Ubuntu live
>>> Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 23:46:27 +0100
>>>

>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francis Barton"
>>> <fbarton at pygoscelis.org.uk>

Thanks for the tip:
> In CDBurnerXP Select the menu Item File->Write Disc From Iso file
I got it to work and had a go booting from the live CD. All went very well
and it was impressive to be able to use firefox to browse the internet
without having to configure anything. I will play around with the live cd a
bit more but generally am pretty keen to do a dual boot at some point with
Ubuntu and XP on my laptop.
Steve