[Gloucs] When car booting goes bad

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Sun Dec 18 19:00:15 GMT 2005

Alan Pope wrote:

>*snigger*. Token ring always makes me chuckle in a childish kinda way.
>Ever since I saw an IBM PC with Token Ring booting up..
>
>"Inserting into ring"
>
>*titter*

This is almost enough to make me want to get it working. Almost :)

>Looks like they have a pcmcia slot on the front? Could you slap an
>el-cheapo network card in there?
>
>They look cute nonetheless.
>
>A quick google finds they do up to 1600x1200 and do
>X.http://www.argecy.com/8361.html if that's the same thing?
>
>Cheers,
>Al.

That's the bunnies. How many do you want? :)

I'd thought of a network card in the PCMCIA slot but thought the RJ45
coming out of the front would spoil the effect too much for me. However,
your post did make me think a bit harder and a WLAN card in there would
maintain cuteness.

Loads of stuff here http://howto.ipng.be/NetstationWiki. Not seen if you
can boot via a device in the PCMCIA slot yet.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies