[Gloucs] When car booting goes bad

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 18:19:44 GMT 2005

On 18/12/05, Glyn Davies <glynd at walmore.com> wrote:
> However, my joy was soon forgotten when a quick Google threw up that the
> little beasties were token ring. I'm surprised that TR was still about
> when these boxes were made. Even more surprised that somebody had once
> bought these boxes.

*snigger*. Token ring always makes me chuckle in a childish kinda way.
Ever since I saw an IBM PC with Token Ring booting up..

"Inserting into ring"

*titter*

Aaaanyway.

> So, any ideas what I can do with these? I guess with a TR card in my
> server I could talk to one but do you get TR hubs to network them all?
> Any advice on TR or these boxes will be gratefully received,
> particularly if you can tell me whether it's worth getting some kit
> together to get them working. Oh yeah, they didn't come with any power
> supplies and require 18VAC. Like I said, when booting goes bad.

Looks like they have a pcmcia slot on the front? Could you slap an
el-cheapo network card in there?

They look cute nonetheless.

A quick google finds they do up to 1600x1200 and do
X.http://www.argecy.com/8361.html if that's the same thing?

Cheers,
Al.