[Gloucs] TV Card

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 20:24:55 GMT 2005

Christian Trapp <christian.trapp at gmx.net> wrote:

> I intend to enhance my linux computer with a analog/digital tv card.
> I would like to record movies eg on the harddisk and to delete the
> advertisment between. It would be also fine if I could record two
> movies at the same time (probably technical not possible).
> Another question is the hardware. What card is working with
> linux (my distri is MEPIS at the moment). My CPU runs with
> 1.8 Mhz, RAM = 512 MB.
> I would like to hear your ideas, thanks in advance.

This is something I was thinking of doing too.  Most people talk about the myth TV package <http://www.mythtv.org/> that does all that you mention and more.  There is an excellent article in the current Linux Format magazine.  To be able to record two channels at the same time, I presume you would need to tv cards.

Paul