[Gloucs] TV Card

David & Sharon david.sharon-copsegreenfarm at farming.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 08:29:36 GMT 2005

Christian Trapp wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I intend to enhance my linux computer with a analog/digital tv card. I
> would like to record movies eg on the harddisk and to delete the
> advertisment between. It would be also fine if I could record two
> movies at the same time (probably technical not possible).
I have had the same thoughts myself and bought Hauppage WinTV card for
my SuSE system.  I had no probs setting up and use Kdetv, which does a
very good job of auto detecting channels etc. My main reason for wanting
to record, was to digitise my collection of video8 home movies, so that
after 10 years I could free up some tape and finally get round to
editing them.

Two Problems apart from not being able to record, 1) The X server has to
be restarted to get a picture after using a video player - Mplayer.   2)
My wife and family are hogging the screen, so the Mythtv/Mysql setup has
ground to a halt pending user time being available for me!