[Gloucs] Thanks for the advice, an update

Tom Faraday tom at faraday.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 19:22:09 GMT 2005

HI all,

Thanks for the advice. I bit the bullet and
download/installed suse 9.2 this afternoon, thanks to my
schools leased line connection :-)
The installation was very succesful, i had to mess around
with my monitor to get the picture right, the ATI 9600
card im using is apparently not OpenGL compatible? and
I had to use Stupid Mode to get my external Hayes modem
connected. Apart from those tiny little things alls well.
Thanks for the help and I should be a regular poster to
this group now. If anybody knows how to sort out the
Graphics card id be grateful.

Ow and before i leave, did u know we share a namesake
with the Gay and Lesbian Scuba Group. That makes me feel
fulfilled, deep down, lol :-)

thanks again,

tom