[Gloucs] Meeting March 30th: Software Patents and 'Computer-Implemented Inventions'

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Fri Feb 18 08:45:33 GMT 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Paul Broadhead wrote:

> Does sound very interesting. I have been following this myself but it
> would be useful to get some first hand, expert opinion.

Paul, I think you overestimate me.  I certainly have an opinion - a
strong one - against software patents.

I will speak, not as a first hand expert, but as a LUGger who has been
following the issue closely.  I view the talk as an opportunity to
bring the discussion to a shared understanding of the facts and
consequences, by informing those who have not been able to track the
issue.

Since you, like me, have been following the issue, Paul (as will a few
others) for you this may be less a meeting to learn new facts, and
more an opportunity to discuss your own views with other FLOSS users.

I hope we all get a lot out of it.

Best regards, David