[Gloucs] Next meeting, possible location?

Mick Brooks michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 6 15:08:26 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 10:17:22PM +0000, Paul Broadhead wrote:

Hi Paul,

> I'm not sure about where or when the next meeting might be; I've missed
> the last couple.  However, I thought we were struggling for a
> location...

I don't think anything is organized yet, and you're dead right...

> My local library in Bishops Cleeve (just north of Cheltenham) rents out
> its space in the evenings.  They currently have Wednesdays free from
> 7:00pm to 10:00pm.  They charge 12 pounds for 3 hours plus 3 pounds for
> any extra hours thereafter.
<snip>

> Might be useful if we need a new location.  Any comments?
>
> My only concern is that its not very central for the majority of people;
> though its very handy for me ;-)  The cost may be an issue too.  I can't
> remember how convenient Wednesdays were for the majority either...

It sounds great to me - I'm sure nobody would object to donating a quid
each to cover room rental, and I know a few of us don't mind offering
lifts to those that can't travel.

Do they have a bit of wall that we can point a projector at, or even
better, do they have a projector we can use to do the pointing?

Can I suggest we try this out one Wednesday soon, with a view to
returning every other month, and having a pubmeet (that can vary in location
and day-of-week) in the 'off' months?

--
Mick Brooks
michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk